All about hair care > How to Turn Dry Hair to Healthy Hair
Is your hair dry, brittle and lifeless and hard to brush ? No matter what shape your hair is in, with time and effort you can bring it back to life and uncover your hair's natural healthy luster.
There is no single cause of dry hair. Rather, a variety of factors can lead to dry hair, including environmental conditions, hair care habits, and your physical health.
Environmental conditions that may cause dry hair include:
- living in a dry, hot climate
- living in a house with electric heater drying out the air
- spending a lot of time in the sun
- frequently swimming in chlorinated water
Certain hair-care practices also contribute to dry hair. These include
- washing your hair too often
- using harsh shampoos and conditioners,
- getting frequent chemical treatments like hair dyes, perms
- blow-drying your hair daily, and using electric curling irons or straighteners.
- using inapropriate hair products
Have you been sick recently? Do you take pills? In some cases, dry hair is the result of a health problem that makes it difficult for your hair to retain moisture.
Wash your hair less often. You may be able to get away with washing once or twice a week instead of every day. Daily shampooing can rob your hair of its protective oils and cause dryness.
Use a mild shampoo made specifically to help dry hair because it will contain fewer drying detergents.
Handle your hair gently when you wash it. If you have dry hair, you have fragile hair. Handling it roughly will cause your ends to split and could even lead to breakage. When you're washing, drying and otherwise handling your hair, think of it as a delicate fabric that needs to be treated with extra care. That means no scrubbing, pulling or wringing it out.
When you shampoo your hair, use the tips of your fingers to gently pull the shampoo through your hair instead of roughly scrubbing it in.
Use a good conditioner each time you shampoo. It will keep cuticles lying flat so they hold in natural oils.
Rinse your hair using cool or lukewarm water; hot water is extra damaging to dry hair.
Are you addicted to your hair dryer? Time to put it down and let your hair dry on its own. Directing hot air toward dry hair won't give it the chance to get healthy. While a blowout might make your hair look shiny, the heat is actually quite damaging, and over time will cause breakage and split ends.
When you have to style your hair with a dryer (which should be done only on special occasions), use the warm or cool setting on your dryer, and keep it several inches from your head.
When wet, comb instead of brushing. Hair brushes rip through tangles, leaving a lot of damage in their wake. Since dry hair is very breakable, this can leave your hair looking frizzy and rough. Instead, comb your hair while it's wet using a wide-toothed comb.
When dry, use a boar bristle brush. While you should avoid using most types of brushes, a boar bristle brush is the one exception. This brush is made with special natural bristles that mimic the texture of your hair. It is used specifically to pull your hair's oils from the scalp all the way down to the tips, without causing any damage.
Favour food rich in iron and vitamin B like lentils, cereals, wheat germs. Favour also food rich in unsaturated fatty acids like salmon, hazelnut and olive oïl.
Nexxus Oil Infinite
Designed to replenish and deeply nourish each hair strand. The OIL INFINITE LINE is formulated with Babassu and Marula oil, known for its antioxidant properties, that helps seal in luminosity and radiant shine. It includes :
- Shampoo - A silicone-free formula created with concentrated 100% Elastin Protein, and Babassu and Marula oils. Deeply cleanses and nourishes hair from within.
- Conditioner - Formulated with precious oils and concentrated 100% Elastin protein that seals in rich luminosity, leaving hair balanced and flexible
- Hair Oil - This Oil formulated with a unique 6 oil blend including Macadamia oil, rich Amazonian Babussa Oil and African Marula Oil to nourish deep within each strand and replenish the lipid layer on the surface for restored natural resilience and hair the moves like liquid gold.
Photo: ID : 19729072 / tomwang
|Spas||Care & Make-up||Health||For Men||Glossaries||Various|
|Intro||Face (care) Make-up Body Hair Endless Youth Mother & Baby Corner Suncare Essentials And more... New products Spot A HairdresserMake-up Artist Directory||Healthy Diet Watching your figure Relaxation||Intro New products||All about...||Phytotherapy All Natural Fashion Perfume Jewelry & accessories And more... What is your style?|
Care & Make-up