Spa Cuisine & Nutrition > Get Your Winter Tune-Up… CITRUS-ize Your Body!
If you drive, you've probably prepared your vehicle for the cold and snowy season with a winter tune-up, or you've overhauled your wardrobe to defend against the cold blasts of winter air - but have you winterized your body? This year, protect yourself with the power of citrus and CITRUS-ize your body!
At first sniffle, you start squeezing lemon into tea and eating oranges because we've learned that citrus is power-packed with vitamin C and is an effective immune system booster. But did you know about citrus' "secret" health benefits?
"Although vitamin C is a key ingredient in citrus that can help prevent colds and flu, studies also show that citrus fruits, such as oranges and lemons, have a unique nutrient profile to help deliver far reaching health benefits," comments Dr. Wylde, a leading Canadian homeopathic doctor, functional medicine nutritionist and "citrus guru."
Citrus is a potent purifier that rids the body of toxins - a vital ingredient for every New Years' detox regimen. It also possesses the power to strengthen bones and even help boost IQ over long, dreary winters. With Sunkist Naval, Cara Cara and Blood oranges being plentiful during the winter, now is the perfect time to citrus-ize your body!"
carbohydrate, fibre, vitamin C, potassium, folate, calcium, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and a variety of phytochemicals
- Citrus fruits contain some of the highest amounts of naturally found vitamin C and are rich in antioxidants, which bolster the immune system and help the body prevent and recover from colds and flu
- Eating the orange in its entirety…pith and peel included…will provide maximum health benefits
- The nutrient and non-nutrient factors in citrus promote health and may provide protection against a number of illnesses from the common cold and flu to diabetes
- Free radicals are at the root cause of all disease; antioxidants found in citrus fruits are a very effective way to neutralize free radicals preventing disease
- Citrus offers weight loss benefits. Studies show that pectin suppresses hunger levels up to four hours after eating.
- Citrus fruit boosts IQ
CITRUS: Beyond Cold and Flu Protection
- Protects against cardiovascular/heart disease, stroke, diabetes, hypertension, cataracts, obesity and anemia
- Helps meet the recommended intake of fibre, in addition to folate and potassium
- Helps heal cuts quickly
- Helps builds bones
- Add a squeeze of lemon/lime/orange to your green tea and reap the two fold benefits. Studies show that citrus enables more of green tea's unique antioxidants to remain after digestion, making the combination even healthier than on its own.
Free Radicals are at the root cause of ALL disease, antioxidants found in citrus fruits neutralize free radicals.
Free radicals are everywhere
Chemical pollution, stress, poor diet, bacteria and viruses contribute to name a few. Citrus fruits contain some of the highest amount of naturally found vitamin C along with a slew of other antioxidants and phytonutrients. These powerhouse antioxidant containing fruits that help to prevent all types of disease owing to their ability to neutralize free radicals.
Do your genes require more citrus?
Some of us have a lower genetic "aptitude" which requires that we take in higher amounts of antioxidants and folic acid in order to prevent certain disease processes from ensuing. Theoretically, citrus fruit can help many of our bad genes from turning on.
Citrus improves detoxification
The way your body throws out the trash is through a daily chore called detoxification, is enhanced by consuming extra citrus fruits every day. A part of a successful detoxification involves the necessity to lower body-wide inflammation, something that the constituents of citrus fruit have been shown to do.
Weight loss benefits
With trends in nutrition these days looking to fulfill a diet high in complex, nutrient rich carbohydrates versus empty calorie and refined carbohydrates, consuming citrus fruits like orange, lemon, grapefruit and lime as part of an overall healthy diet satisfy this criteria because of their content in non-starch polysaccharides (dietary fibre known as NSP) and pectin. This type of fibre promotes satiety and can reduce the rate of glucose uptake. It can also lower cholesterol levels.
Thanks to Sunkist for their king assistance. Eat more Sunkist Citrus. Try an honey or Royal Mandarin, an oroblanco grapefruit
|Spas||Care & Make-up||Health||For Men||Glossaries||Various|
|Intro||Face (care) Make-up Body Hair Endless Youth Mother & Baby Corner Suncare Essentials And more... New products Spot A HairdresserMake-up Artist Directory||Healthy Diet Watching your figure Relaxation||Intro New products||All about...||Phytotherapy All Natural Fashion Perfume Jewelry & accessories And more... What is your style?|
Care & Make-up